In fact you don’t have to run to the beauty stores and make a dent in your wallet to follow these simple skin care tips. So follow these top 10 skin care tips to pamper your skin.
1. Do not get carried away with flashy cosmetic labels. It is better to understand your skin type before trying products and recipes. Select a skin care product that is suitable for you. If you find it confusing, then you can also refer to our pages homemade beauty tips for skin care recipes you can prepare at home.
2. Follow the goodness of “water therapy”. Drink a lot of water as it helps to get rid your body of toxins.
3. Cleansing is very important and should be done on a regular basis. Often dirt and grime tends to accumulate due to the harsh environmental factors on the skin making it dull and lifeless in the course of time. Dirt and sweat also cause acnes and blackheads which make our skin look ugly.
4. Do not scrub or exfoliate too hard. Be gentle on your skin and it will smile with health.
5. Whether you stay outdoors in the sun or indoors in air-conditioned rooms, your skin is prone to getting dry, so hydrate your skin from time to time by applying moisture. For oily skin individuals, using a mild moisture is a good idea.
6. Use sunscreen protection to guard yourself from the damaging UV radiations when you venture out in the sun. If you are allergic to cosmetic products try a natural sunscreen product instead. And wear sunglasses to protect your eyes.
7. Excessive smoking and drinking can be very harmful for the skin. So quit smoking and cut down on drinking. Avoid coffee and try herbal tea instead.
8. Physical exercise is vital for having a great skin. So, make sure you include exercises in your daily routine and make it one among the Top 10 Skin Care Tips.
9. Too much stress is bad for your skin. So make sure you get adequate rest. Yoga is a great way to relax and it delays the aging process. And, always eat healthy.
10. Treat your skin by a facial to rejuvenate it. The facial must include a massage to improve blood circulation and promote the growth of new cells.
Skin Care TipsCaring for the skin is as essential as consuming food and water regularly. The first step to looking beautiful is to adopt a skin care regimen. Listed below are fifteen unique rules that everyone must keep in mind while adopting skin care tips:
Never use soap on the face – The first rule of
taking care of facial skin is to avoid cleaning with soap or any other
form of foaming cleansers. The alkaline based binders in soaps or
foaming products have high pH balance which suck out the natural oil and
water from the skin. Less moisture in skin cells causes dehydration
which leads to skin problems such as acne and aggravated allergy. Lather
in soap and foaming cleansers causes drying of skin cells, so avoid
even the moisturizing soaps.
Say no to toners with SD alcohol content –
Applying alcohol based products on the skin gives a tight and clean
feeling, and the skin feels fresh during the summers. But do you know
that SD alcohol causes dullness of skin surface? In fact, use of alcohol
can lead to breakage of the pores on the skin surface and hence
increased production of oil. Another secret to good looking skin is to
let the toner stay damp on the skin surface while you are applying
Glycolic acid products recommended – There is no
alternative to glycolic acid when it comes to exfoliating the skin and
getting it rid of dead skin cells caused by sun damage. This acid
increases the rate of new cell production on the skin, thus giving you
smooth and soft skin within few days.
Start your day with a natural product – The
first thing to do in the morning is to drink a glass of fresh lemon
juice mixed in lukewarm water. All harmful toxins in the body will be
released; a clear system means a healthy looking skin. This tip must
especially followed by people who experience constant breakouts on the
Sunscreen is a must – Wear a sunscreen 365 days a
year, whether sun or rain. Exposure in the sun is the chief cause of
skin aging. Even incidental exposure can lead to harm caused by UV rays.
Make sure that you have applied a sunscreen with SPF 15 everyday.
Facial once a week – Most people go for facials
once a month. But mini facials at home every week are important to
condition and de-stress the skin. Cleansing, exfoliating and massaging
are all that are needed to get nourished skin. Use a hydrating serum and
fruits or other natural products to prepare the face mask.
No scrubbing away acne – Most women tend to wash
off the roughness caused by acne with an almond or apricot based scrubs.
But the granules in these scrubs lacerate the skin and cause spread of
Take vitamin B6 supplements before menstruation – Consuming
a vitamin B6 capsule one week before start of menstruation will
regulate the imbalances of hormones and stop breaking of the skin
surface. You may replace vitamin B6 with magnesium or calcium tablets.
Moisturizer is a must – Everyone has to use a
moisturizer, no matter how hot it is, no matter how oily the skin
quality is! Constant evaporation of water from the skin occurs during
the day. This can be replenished only by using a moisturizer. We
recommend water based moisturizers for people with oily skin and oil
based moisturizers for people with dry skin.
Use non fragranced skin products – Perfumes in
skin care products is the main cause for allergy on skin. Reactions such
as rash, redness, stinging or itchiness are due to fragrances in skin
creams and soaps. So use only non fragranced products.
Clean cosmetics brushes every week – Maintenance
of hygiene is a very essential step in skin care. Skin that is safe from
dirt and germs looks healthy and glowing. Accumulation of bacteria on
cosmetics brushes and using them for a prolonged period leads to skin
problems such as clogging of pores, pimples and blackheads. Wash these
brushes with a mild detergent and cold water.
Sleeping habits – Did you know that your sleeping
style may also affect the quality of skin? Sleep with your head
elevated to avoid the retention of fluid under the facial skin. The
fluid is the reason why you have puffy eyes in the morning and wrinkles
start appearing very early on the sides of the face. Also remember to
change your pillowcase every two nights so that the oil from your face
which may have rubbed against the case and the bacteria formed
thereafter may not affect your skin.
Check your facial expression – Fine lines and
wrinkles on the face are not caused only by external factors such as
sun, dust and stress. Your facial expressions go a long way in
determining how fast your face is affected by wrinkles! It is true that
if you smile a lot with the lips pursed, wrinkles start appearing
faster! Similarly, avoid using a straw too frequently for drinking.
Drink out of a glass; this expression stops premature wrinkling.
Take time out to sleep – A good night’s sleep is
the most effective medicine to keep fit and thus maintain a glowing
healthy skin. Make time in your busy schedule for minimum eight hours of
sleep every night. This is the best way to get rid of the harmful
toxins from the body, keep the metabolism rate normal and also keep
those dark circles under the eyes at bay! Sleep also minimizes stress
and hence prevents the occurrence of acne.
- Drink sufficient water – Lastly, the importance of water in skin care cannot be ignored. While your diet also affects the quality of skin, the quantity of water intake plays a major role. Hydration is necessary not only for dry skin but also for oily skin. Water replenishes the skin with its natural moisture and also protects from germs by flushing out toxins. Also remember to splash the face with cold water several times during the day especially during summers.